All Peoples Church has embarked upon an effort to build a new church for their congregation. Called The Light Project, the church will be located on a 5.6-acre vacant parcel of land in the Del Cerro community on College Avenue at the intersection with Interstate 8. After years of operating out of leased space, The Light Project provides an opportunity for All Peoples Church to create a permanent home for its ministry.
The project includes the following elements:
- A 900-seat sanctuary (similar in size to St. Therese Catholic Church)
- 12 classrooms for Sunday school and church programs
- More than 350 parking spaces (parking structure and surface parking)
- A basketball gym to serve youth and the community
- A prayer room
- Outside space for fellowship and coffee
The large majority of the church’s use will occur on weekends and will not affect weekday peak period traffic. During the week, activities will include church administration, bible study, youth group meetings, and church training sessions.