The project consists of:
- A 900-seat sanctuary (similar in size to St. Therese Catholic Church)
- 12 classrooms for Sunday school and church programs
- 363 parking spaces (parking structure and surface parking)
- A basketball gym to serve youth and the community
- A prayer room
- Outside space for fellowship and coffee
The large majority of the church’s activities occur on weekends and will not affect weekday peak period traffic. During the week, activities will include church administration, bible study, youth group meetings, meetings, and church training sessions.
All Peoples Church has been committed to engaging the community throughout the approval process. Regular presentations have been made to the Del Cerro Action Council and Navajo Community Planners, and several meetings have been conducted with neighbors adjacent to the project.
A number of changes have been made to the plans in response to community input. These include:
- Revising the site plan to relocate the parking garage closer to College Avenue
and away from adjacent homes
- Replacement of selected parking spaces with enhanced landscaping to avoid
potential visual impacts on adjacent neighbor
- Enhanced landscaping on property line adjacent to surface parking to address
potential visual impacts